AirS is an independent charity that exists for all people living in rural areas of Sussex but especially those who are at risk of isolation and/or disadvantage, and for whom rural life brings an additional challenge and cost to their daily lives.
Affortable Housing - Community & Neighbourhood Plans - Community Land Trusts - Families & Children (COPES) - Village Agents, Halls & Community Building - Young People
Our staff is a dedicated team who are committed to helping people overcome the challenges caused by their rural location. Our vision is for a thriving, economically active rural Sussex full of choice and opportunities for everyone, regardless of their circumstances.
Part of the ACRE network of rural councils. Action in rural Sussex has three operational aims:
1. To reduce the incidence and impact of disadvantage and poverty on people living in rural areas.
2. To increase the capacity of rural communities to manage change for the benefit of all their members.
3. To inform and amplify the voice of rural communities to influence public policy.
- Suits F7-F9, Waterside Centre, North Street, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2PE (directions displayed on map)
- Action in rural Sussex
- Service Type:
- Advice and Information
- Registration Category:
- Local Community Networks
- Organisation Sector:
- Registered charity number:
Cost & Availability
Support for community groups
This page was last updated on 30 April 2019
Was this information helpful?