Deaf Cultural Outreach Group
DeafCOG, Deaf Cultural Outreach Group, is an umbrella organisation that hosts activities and projects that are of value to the Deaf community. The aim is
- to promote the Deaf identity positively;
- to create opportunities;
- to strengthen the community;
- and to provide community-led services in British Sign Language (BSL) and Deaf culture.
As a social enterprise covering the areas of both Brighton and Hove City and East Sussex County, profits are reinvested to further the aims of DeafCOG and the Deaf community.
DeafCOG is a Disabled People's User-Led Organisation (DPULO) and has a core belief that ‘deaf people can’ provide services and lead projects themselves, as well as in partnership with other organisations and social enterprises.
DeafCOG projects include:
Deaf Research and Development
- East Sussex
- DeafCOG - Deaf Community Interest Company
- Service Type:
- Help at home and help to live independently
- Registration Category:
- Unregulated services
- Languages (in addition to English):
- British Sign Language (BSL)
This page was last updated on 23 July 2018
Was this information helpful?