Terms and conditions
Last updated: April 2019
Please read this web page carefully before you start to use our site, as these Terms and Conditions ('Terms') apply to your use of East Sussex 1Space (‘1Space’). Use of 1Space includes accessing, browsing, and completing an enquiry, feedback or contact us form. For registered service providers, use of 1Space also includes adding, editing and removing content.
East Sussex County Council (‘the Council’) owns and operates 1Space. The purpose of 1Space is to provide a single online location where visitors can search for care, support and wellbeing services available to residents of East Sussex.
By using 1Space, you confirm that you accept these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our site. The Council has the right to prevent you from accessing the website where we consider that you are not following the above Terms.
Please see our Privacy notice to understand how we will look after the information you give to us.
Members of the public (including registered users)
By using https://1space.eastsussex.gov.uk/ you agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and you agree not to:
- obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access, in any way, to the website or computer systems of our or any of our partners’ networks;
- change or spread internal data which you have accessed through our network;
- upload or distribute, in any way, material or files containing viruses, ‘trojan horses’, ‘worms’ or other harmful software;
- upload files that contain data, information or software not licensed to or owned by you, or collect any information, including personal information, about others without their agreement (including but not limited to others’ names and addresses);
- publish, post or otherwise spread false, misleading, offensive, indecent, obscene or other unlawful material;
- use a false or unauthorised name, identity or email address, impersonate another person or try to mislead others as to the identity or origin of any documents or messages;
- interfere with the website or do anything which may affect its operation;
- transmit, upload or post any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail’, ‘spam’, ‘chain letters’;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the website, database or printed publication;
- make false claims as to the origin or ownership of material contained in files made available through the website; and/or
- use the website or material taken from the website to harass, threaten, stalk, abuse, or otherwise violate the rights of others, including rights of privacy.
1Space includes maps provided by Google and use of these maps is subject to Google Maps APIs terms of service.
Registered service providers
By registering with https://1space.eastsussex.gov.uk/ you agree that:
- you are authorised to carry out updates to a service provider’s content on their behalf;
- you will not impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- you are compliant with Trading Standards Regulations in relation to the nature of your business/service provision;
- you will respond to complaints in a timely manner addressing the issues raised and seeking a resolution that is satisfactory to all parties;
- all content you add
- complies with the 1Space registration requirements
- is accurate and will be kept up to date
- does not infringe any copyright or trade mark of any other person
- does not breach anyone’s privacy or other legal duty such as a duty of confidence
- is not discriminatory or in breach of equality legislation in connection with age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, nationality, sex and sexual orientation
- is not defamatory, obscene, offensive, inflammatory, indecent, harassing or threatening,
- will not cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass or alarm.
- will not promote any illegal activity
We moderate content and we may reject, edit, remove or delete content at our discretion.
1Space generates certain automated emails when changes are made to your service entry and your consent is needed for these. By accepting these Terms you consent to receiving emails related to your service entry. You can manage which emails you receive in the Manage Your Account section of the site after you have logged into your account.
Should the Council receive any complaint with regard to third party material on 1Space, we will review the matter and remove material at our sole discretion. The Council will have no further liability to either party in such instance.
The Council has the right to suspend or terminate your account immediately and without notice where we consider that you are not following the above Terms.
Your account and password
Following registration you will be provided with a username and password as part of our security procedures.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and it is strongly recommended that you change your password on receipt and make every effort to keep your password safe.
- You must treat your username and password as confidential
- You must not disclose your password to any other person
- You must not transfer or sell your username to any other person.
- If you have reason to believe that unauthorised disclosure of your password has occurred, you should change your password immediately and contact 1Spaceadministrator@eastsussex.gov.uk
Where we consider that you are not following the above conditions, we have the right to disable any user name or password at any time.
Changes to these terms
We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes.
Was this information helpful?